View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-19, 12:49
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 200/200/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Kristine, he isn't abusive or mocking. He just states his opinion. He just has that traditional mindset that exercising a lot will make you lose weight. I just couldn't figure out a way to make him understand that his opinion is not necessarily true. But the comments here have given me some ideas.

Jey100, You did make me think about CAD. It may not be the best choice for me. I know the book says the program is for true carb addicts, but it kind of seems like it would work better for people who aren't carb addicts. I don't know. I am considering doing a different plan.

Sniggle, thank you for commenting! You are right. He is a man of action and likes to see results. In his mind, if he can't see noticeable changes then it probably isn't working (which it isn't), but his solution is to do more or get more intense. Your words really started to make me think. I know the problem is not the exercise but my diet. If I can get some of the fat off, just enough for him to notice, I think the exercise will become a non issue. I could just keep working with the food part and let the exercise fall into place.