#8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-19, 12:08

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydJ
When I tried to commit to 15 minutes a day of moderate movement, he didn't think it was enough.
This is excellent! I try to do something like Pilates, bodyweight strength training or a walk every day. When I started this last February, I was only doing about 10 minutes a day. Now I do between 15 and 20, but I'm not really interested in doing much more than that. There's no reason to go from zero to 60 (or 90). Moderate exercise that builds muscle and helps lower blood sugar is the best option to support weight loss.

I really like Mark Sisson's approach to exercise:
Quote:
As I’ve suggested before, our society has come to worship a chronic cardio model as the beacon of fitness. It follows that low level aerobic activity appears to do nothing but fall short – a weak attempt at the “real” thing. Worse yet, it’s an attitude that makes the fitness quest seem like an all or nothing proposition. No pain, no gain. Total bunkum. Sure, the Primal Blueprint model incorporates low level aerobic activity as part of a larger picture along with strength and “sprint” interval training. The PB fitness model, however, is built upon that low level foundation.
See more at his website: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/hea...erate-exercise/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydJ
What should I say/do?
Well, my first reaction was to tell him to f-off. He said, "Honey, I think you should try to exercise more." You said, "I think you're right. I'm not feeling fit, but I'll start with 15 minutes a day." His response was "That's not good enough"?!? That is rude, unsupportive, controlling, and offensive in so many ways.

If you want a some what politer response to someone who is being an a-hole, then try "Well, I'll decide what's good enough for me. Don't be rude and unsupportive when I already agreed with you."