#65   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-17, 09:42
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Thought I'd "weigh" in.

I'm going to cut and paste from my new journal. Just to let you know the length of my battle.

My name is Glenda Glayzer and I'm presently 71 years old. I've been following LC since Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution, 1972. I wanted to note here the recent choices I made which made my WOE work better for me and broke my 6 year plateau:

1. In 2014 DH read an article suggesting 10K steps per day for optimum health. I've never been good at sticking to an exercise regime, but I came up with a plan. In May 2014 I got my first fitness tracker and my plan worked! I've walked almost every morning since then, and I log an average of 60 miles per month. (only wear the tracker first walk in the morning)

2. Thanks to the wonderful people here on this forum, I discovered the thread on Dr. Jason Fung. On February 5, 2015 I started following the Fung Protocol for Intermittent Fasting. It broke my 6-year plateau.

3. I came across an article online suggesting that the lymph system (which has no pump as does the blood system) could be stimulated with the up-and-down motion of a trampoline. On April 16, 2016 I added mini-trampoline gentle bouncing to my daily regime. I noticed an immediate improvement in my overall circulation and a drop-off in arthritic finger pain.

4. November 11, 2016 I gave up cow's milk dairy and eggs. I immediately began to lose weight again. I can actually see the difference on my body. Although I'm not diabetic, I've continued to home monitor my BG which has stabilized downward. Even FBG is now at 81.

We see here every day proof that every body is different. What works for one does not necessarily work for another. These choices helped me.

For me this is not a race to an end, but an endurance contest composed of every day choices I make.