#21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-19, 18:32

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevangel
In fact, I was thinking the other day that maybe DietDoctor needs to add a section to it's success stories... a section on "long-term success stories" that features people of any age who've been successfully living a low carb or ketogenic life for 5 years or more.

I mean, one of the things nay-sayers almost always say: "it might work okay in the short term but it's not sustainable! Or, "it's dangerous over the long term." Maybe it is time for some of us long-term sustainers to speak up and be heard. (yep, that's me trying to talk myself into sharing my story on dietdoctor. Is your's on there Rob? Jey? )

A while back Franziska Spritzler from diet doctor contacted me and then interviewed me and my story appeared on dietdoctor. She has interviewed a number of other people whose stories appear on diet doctor. She interviewed Ken as well. She found me on this forum. She was looking for people who had lost significant amounts of weight and then kept the weight off. I just looked on diet doctor and while her stories are all there they are not placed in a single category. I think it would be a good idea to have a separate long sustaining weight loss category on the diet doctor site. Anything that can be done to counter the myth of non-sustainability would be great. Here's my story:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb...ght-loss-decade