View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-19, 15:50

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Bev - you make some excellent points, as Mark's slow way of easing into lower carb is a very sensible approach. I started low carb first and simply cut out grains, starches, and sugars. Then I decided to become more strict, and my first approach was Atkins Induction, which is 20 grams of carbs or lower, so it was the equivalent of going to ketosis. I did experience the keto flu for a few days, but with the information available on this forum and other places, I was able to understand what was happening and was able to quickly counteract that with electrolytes and fluids.

For someone new to low carb or keto, it's extremely difficult to absorb all the information initially. It takes time, so Mark's 21-day program or using the DietDoctor challenge or any other informative source to help in the early stages might prevent people from abandoning the idea because they feel like they're going to expire.

Your point about people jumping on the bandwagon to lose 10-12 pounds (mostly water weight) in the first week is important, as this is how this WOE often gets the attention of others. That's unfortunate, as it's a sound way of life, and I say this with confidence as I enter my 6th consecutive year of this journey with no plans to stop.