View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 19:08

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default cut-and-bulk

I follow the "cut-and-bulk" method too.

I bulk for 8 weeks, then I maintain that for 8 weeks, then I cut for 8 weeks, then I maintain for 8 weeks ... then I repeat until my goal is met (a hard 240 would be nice).

Where you start is up to you, but I generally advise men that are over 15% bodyfat to start with a cut cycle.

CKD is NOT a bulking diet. It is a fat loss diet that allows you to maintain most of your muscle mass.

When I bulk, i eat anything that doesn't scream, kick, or isn't nailed down. I shoot for 1.5 grams of protein per lb. of bodyweight, and as long as I meet that each day, anything goes.

When I maintain after a bulk-up, I begin to clean up the diet for the first 4 weeks, but I keep calories the same, maybe a touch lower.

For the second 4 weeks of maintaining, I follow a Zone-type diet and begin to monitor my AM temperature. Using that as a guide, I make my adjustments and slide gradually into a CKD over the next 4 weeks.

That's just my style. I am not saying you have to do that, but I have found that it works for me.