Thread: Bread
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-28-01, 21:41

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

To be honest, I've never been a big bread fan. Prior to LC i'd been eating Hollywood Thin bread (and throwing out 3/4 of the loaf) and still continue to have the occaisional slice.. like maybe 3 in the last 8 weeks. It has an ECC of 4.6 per slice (for the 100% whole wheat). So bread isnt a big thing for me, to eat or to give up. My boyfriend on the other hand, loves his rye. He's lost his weight and his Crohn's symptoms have disappeared. We started reintroducing some higher carb foods into his diet to slow his weight loss (poor guy, i know) but even he admited he's going to have to watch it with the bread. For some people one slice lead to 3 slices... and then it's "what the hell" and out comes the pasta.

While mock danishes are 'legal'; so are cheese and nuts.... and you can overindulge. It's sad but true, to deal with my weight problem I have had to realize that food is fuel to keep my body going... it's not comfort. And while I no longer enjoy eating like i used to I do enjoy looking and feeling good. It's a decision that we must all make every day, every meal. It's an addiction for many of us.

What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa, of course. Experimentation is part of this WOL.

Nat