Old Sun, May-09-04, 01:36
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majjic
is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.

Weirdly enough, this can actually HELP sustain your fat loss, because, as I understand it, the "refeeds" help reset your leptin. Leptin drops when your body feels like it's being starved, and downregulates your thyroid. By having these little "carbups", you may actually be making sure your thyroid doesn't slow down. This is basically what you do for CKD if you are a weightlifter - there's a CKD thread in the exercise forum.

Furthermore, it's WORKING for you, and where I come from, if it ain't broke, you don't fix it!