#79   ^
Old Sun, Nov-29-20, 01:57

Plan: South Beach Stillman QWL
Stats: 226/214.6/140 Female 5ft10 3/4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSB
Iron causes weight gain!?!?! Is it supporting healthy lean body mass (muscle and bone)? Or do they think it causes storage of extra fat, I wonder?

Congrats on the Stillman day.

I had a modest Thanksgiving dinner which did not impact the scale (though, oddly, I feel like holiday weight gain tends to show up a few days after the holiday...not sure how that happens). I plan to do Keto today as a transition back to lowcarb then 4 more days of Stills leading up to my physical.

I like egg drop soup, but for breakfast I just poached the eggs in broth. Very simple and I like the combination. Some of the runny yolk ends up flavoring the broth. Not gourmet, but comforting!

Apparently, it’s down to fat gain - strange phenomenon.

Great that Thanksgiving dinner didn’t impact the scale - let’s hope it doesn’t show up in a few days. I know only too well what you mean by the weight coming on a few days later, it’s happened to me... I think I’ve got away with something I shouldn’t have eaten, then bam - I’m a couple of pounds up. I’m sure you’ll be OK though because you went straight back on to Keto so that should shrink any fat cells lurking around waiting to be filled. I’ve come to realise, it’s our fat cells that are greedy, not us!

I’m doing Ok, but ended up moving back to SB - weekends tend to be difficult. My chronic fatigue has gone up a notch too but there’s not much I can do about that. I’ve decided I’m going to go hardcore for a couple of weeks because I was just offered surgery and I don’t want to go under at this weight. They offered me NY eve! I refused because I’ll be with family and it would mean spoiling everyone’s plans. Then they asked if I could come in the next day! I again explained I couldn’t. I do need this surgery and I don’t want to keep turning down appointments but I would like some warning and for it not to be during the holidays. I’m hoping they offer me the end of Jan or early Feb.