View Single Post
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 08:12

Plan: Atkins/testing CAD
Stats: 198/184/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

Isn't it amazing what our thoughts can tell us? The ability our own thoughts have to lie to us, to sabatoge us, and how prone we are to believing them as if they always speak truth. What is it about our thoughts that we give them such validity? Why do we give them such power over us?

One of the lessons that I have to practice in order to succeed is to question what thoughts go through my head. Left in my head just rattling around I am vulnerable to them because my thoughts can trick me. I've found that if I say out loud what my thoughts are telling me its easier to figure out if they are true or not. For some reason when I say out loud, "I can eat just a little bit of chocolate, that little piece can't hurt me that much," I can hear the lunacy of that thought. But when the thought just stays within me I can't hear that very well.

Lesson for me; Just because my mind tells me something..doesn't make it real. My mind is used to giving me negative thoughts so I have to remember not to always trust them. Just like someone I used to trust until I realized they lied to me. Once I know that about someone I'm not so willing to take everything they say as truth.