Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Thanks, Atlee, for posting this recipe.

I just tried the recipe and I'm in love with it. The only thing I did different was the type of pan I used and and I served mine with sf raspberry jelly instead.

The pan I used is from Denmark and it's used to make aebleskivor (apple slices), which are a round pancake served with powdered sugar and warm raspberry sauce. Ymmers! The pan I have is castiron and it has seven-2" deep individual wells. I put .75 Tbsp of the batter in each well and fried until the underside was browned. Then I could stick a tooth pick in the center of the little dough ball and flip it over without incident. The result were nice round pancake balls or doughnut holes. Whatever ya want!

Now I can have aebleskivor without a problem.

This recipe is wonderful.

Now isn't that interesting! I made a variation from my homeland called appelflappen (means apple folds in Dutch, I was born in the Netherlands), which is basically a yeast batter (in MY house, anyway), dip in an apple ring, deep fry and serve with powdered sugar. Very tasty. So I cubed up a small apple (peeled, cored), dragged through some of this "donut" batter and fried. VERY nice. Sprinkled with sweetener and cinnamon.

The Dutch version of aebleskivir, though, is called poffertjes ("little puffs"), which have no apple in them that I recall and are little puffy donuts. I really MUST get me one of these pans...

I'm curious about how you used the aebleskivir pan, though. I'm assuming yours is traditional seasoned cast iron, but did you add any butter or oil to the wells before frying?

Ta!