#131   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-19, 13:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

Right at start, he mentions his new interview on LowCarbUSA on Autism. Here it is for you: https://www.lowcarbusa.org/autism-adhd/

You might not like it, he is a controversial guy, but thought I would share here.

yes my kids are "skinny kids". I ;ve gotten crap from other parents a couple times, and to cover myself, I talked to son's pediatrician, who let me have a back lash, leave him alone, he's fine. (Ya, I know hes fine, I just needed to get this on the record.)

Other parents think my kids are thin, when they are actually normal weight. No one recognizes a "normal" weight kid. As the new normal is obese.

I worked hard to keep my kids at a healthy weight as I didnt want them to deal with the life long battle of obesity. My impression is that even if obesity can be conquered, the tendency to gain the weight back is forever abnormal.

What I do wish is that I wasnt forced into feeding powdered baby milk. I was not allowed to nurse my kids due to tongue tie-- and the docs would NOT fix that until the baby was 6 months old--- because of the anesthesia. Well, I have since learned that in the old times, midwives fixed the situation asap with a swipe of a sharp finger nail. My kids could not nurse properly, which also affected their mouth development as well as the allergic affects of the cow- milk based formulas.

Otherwise I had followed DANDR and tried my best to figure out how to get cereals out of their diet. I was on my own figuring this out. I had to FIGHT with the pedi to allow FULL fat milk rather than 2%. HOW STUPID to focus on milk. My kids DID NOT get junk food, just the SAD. My kids got vegies and meats and fats!!!!

I could feel guilty but I refuse to go there. THose that SHOULD have known better, and were guiding me , are the ones at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one paid attention to the rashes----

When he got off the fake baby formula the rashes went away....... but then the autism was becoming more apparent. Could the doc have put two and two together and suggest stopping the formula????

I wish I had a do over.

My kids ate a lot of meats and vegies too, so I can say with some confidence that this was NOT enough to counter the fake milk , baby cereal, etc.

Only one friend breast fed until her kids were 3-4 years old, yet she too has one child with Autism and one without.

This podcast tells me that cereal grains, carbs and sugars are MORE powerful than good meats, vegies, etc.

I do wish I had a do-over AND had the knowledge I now had for a better start.

Going forward, I can only focus on what helps with the current brain structure.

I THINK THIS MAN IS SPOT ON!!

( As for vaccines, we do over vaccinate; vaccines ARE important, but the vaccination program is poorly designed: tooo many too soon. And some should be more optional. In horses, and dogs , we vaccinate the basics, but only vaccinate for rarer diseases IF the animal is entering into an area where there is a higher risk of exposure.)

PS.. My uncontrolled pregnancy diabetes could also have an effect. Again even dr Atkins said to NOT drop weight HOWEVER, this is not true. In my last month I lost 10 pounds, and yet baby kept on growing. WE are TOLD over and over that we need to eat eat eat during pregnancy. I did eat all the GOOD list of goods allowed on DANDR, but gained a huge amt of weight, and A1c ran at 7.

Yup, my mother tossed us out the door after walking home from school to play until dinner time. lol

My kids are VERY hungry when they get home from HS-- I do push making good food for them to eat.

Juice and cereal left here when kids were about 5; sometimes they eat oatmeal, and find ways to get crap food at friends houses and boy scout events. BUT I do see how much carbs they still sneak.

Changing what goes into their school lunches is a challenge. School lunch is not allowed, but is their lunchbox content much better?? While they pack their own, I see they want quick and easy. Like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or carton of yogurt. SUGAR.

This is more fuel to go keto for the rest of the summer. But focus on foods/recipes that they could take in their lunchbox in the fall.

Again, I can only work with the current situation---- go keto. Add more exercise.

Are my kids getting the time to develop effective emotional management tools??????

-----how much time and effort I put into the health of my kids-- in hopes they have a better life than I had.....