View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-27-15, 11:39
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

This morning I got serious with my new walk, run program. My fitness monitor told me that out of the 52 active minutes (2.86 miles) my heart spent 36 minutes in the peak (highest rate) zone, 12 minutes in the cardio zone and 25 minutes in the fat burning zone. I feel pretty good about that, but after the walk I felt weak. This was my third day in a row of 24-hr fasting (breakfast to breakfast) and I may have found my limit.

Peak zone

Peak zone, which means your heart rate is greater than 85% of maximum, is the high-intensity exercise zone. The peak zone is for short intense sessions that improve performance and speed.

Cardio zone

Cardio zone, which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone. In this zone, you're pushing yourself but not straining. For most people, this is the exercise zone to target.

Fat Burn zone

Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate is 50 to 69% of maximum, is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone and may be a good place to start for those new to exercise. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.