View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-04, 09:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/150/150 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Great 20g carb loaf - REAL bread!

I created this loaf of bread which rose well, turned out really good and tastes great.

It's based on a revised version of "gabi's world famous bread' but I removed the oat flour which was the highest carb ingredient.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup (100g) ground almonds (could use others or a mixture) = 6g
1/2 cup (50g) gound flaxseeds/linseeds = 3g
1 cup (130g) gluten flour = 11g
1 x 7g pkg dry yeast
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sugar (consumed by the yeast so don't use splenda)
1 tsp salt
3tbs olive oil (use a light one rather than a pungent EVOO)
1 1/4 cups (300ml) blood warm water

Carb counts are based on labels on ingredients I used

METHOD
Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl
Rub oil into dry ingredients thoroughly
Add water and mix. Don't worry about it being sloppy - it will all come together.
Knead for a good 5 mins - may be a bit sticky
Line a loaf tin with foil and butter or oil - make sure foil hangs over edges to make it easy to remove. Using a smaller loaf tin forces the dough to rise higher
Put loaf in a warm place to rise for an hour - I usually warm up the oven a bit and leave it ther.
After an hour turn oven on highest setting. Turn after 15 mins
After another 15 mins carefully remove from tin and put loaf back in oven on rack to crisp up on outside

Eat and enjoy.

I have used this as a basis for focaccia and have mixed in rosemary, sunblush tomatoes and black olives and it is delicious.Pour olive oil over after you take out of oven.

You can also do the above mediterranean type bread just on a baking sheet - still give it an hour to rise.

It's also good with caraway seeds in it.

I'm not sure about the carbs for the yeast and baking powder but it should not add a significant amount.

This tastes like REAL bread!!
Sponsored Links