View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Feb-29-08, 10:59

Plan: Atkins-IF
Stats: 180/169/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default wow!

I was just about to post a new thread asking if anyone had FM and if LC'ing helped them and I found this forum and especially this thread EXTREMELY helpful!!

I was dx'd with FM several years ago and was in severe, chronic pain with extreme fatigue. I was put on tons of medication but nothing really seemed to help. I was afraid at one point that I would become totally disabled, which would have destroyed my life because I am totally self-reliant and my mortgage and bills would have been too much for anything disability would pay. My life depends on my ability to go to work everyday!

Then last August when I started Atkins, one of the first things I noticed after the first couple of weeks was my fatigue was gone. I had TONS of energy. And then one day I woke up and realized I couldn't remember the last time I had pain from FM.

Then entire time I stayed on plan, I was pain and fatigue free. But when I switched from induction after 5 months to OWL, I struggled with triggers and for the past month I have been binging on carbs (sugar, rice, pasta and a LOT of bread!). Since then I have been exhausted, my immune system cant seem to fight any cold or infection that blows my way and I am in constant pain.

I am beginning to wonder if it is all the wheat I have been eating, after finding this FM forum. I know before I tried to switch to OWL from induction I had completely eliminated all sugar and wheat from my diet and I felt great! I was 100% symptom free.

I am back on plan now for a couple of days but it took about 2 weeks for the symptoms to go away the first time, so I am looking forward to being pain and fatigue free in a couple of weeks!