Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 14:18
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
In short, it looks like the quality of carb and fat, along with fiber, was a bigger factor than I realized. My diet was actually quite "Beachy," except for the non-fat and reduced-fat dairy. (I simply won't eat that stuff. I'd rather have half an ounce of real cheese than 4 ounces of fat-free plastic.)

Here's my plan. I am going to go away now. Put my scale away, and for one solid month (handily, today is August 1), eat exactly like I did during my best days, as described. A month from now I'll come back and tell everyone if I've begun to lose again.

Yes, I think there is something to this 'quality' aspect.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with this, it really does help.

My weight loss is increasing. I've upped carbs, but once again - it's that 'quality' aspect too.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was sort of wondering about those foods that have carb/calories/fat on the high-ish side all in one food. Just thinking and wondering aloud. I find it curious that many low-carbers need to reduce consumption of these particular foods - and it doesn't really matter where on the low-carb spectrum of plans they are.

PS - editing to add: Nelson - I hope you update here at the beginning of September with your findings.