View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 13:12

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Lisa, that's an interesting thought about how Dr. S may comment in her new book about Splenda. Thanks for pointing that out.

I understand her book will be available October 1st. I preordered it from barnesandnoble.com and I assume they will ship it on the 1st or so.

Lisa, have you used or do you use Splenda? If so, what is your experience with it?

Rosa, I will check out that link as soon as I post this update, thanks for the info! You input is appreciated!

Okay, here's my copy & paste from my journal about my recent discoveries using Splenda.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Splenda experiment is on going.

RESULTS THUS FAR:
I am beginning to observe some faint hints of possible cravings for more of that sweet Splenda. I am starting to see that when I do have a beverage, that I am wanting it to be sweet--and I have a big problem with that.

I almost feel as though I were plotting to have things that can have Splenda added to them. Like wanting to drink more herbal tea just b/c I CAN sweeten it. This sounds like the OLD BETTY and that scares me--even if it doesn't spike the insulin, which I have my doubts about. Otherwise, why would the cravings come back?

For this reason, I am considering stopping my experiment and discontinuing the use of that stuff. I almost feel criminal using Splenda b/c I know I am starting to use it b/c I NEED the sweet, where as before I used it, I wasn't craving the sweet in anything.

Also, my appetite HAS INCREASED DRAMATICALLY in this past week since I've started using 1-3 packets per day of Splenda. Not to mention that the scale has not moved, though I don't consider that to be a problem (yet). Experiencing some bloating, not sure if it's from the Splenda.

However, I will try to continue for at least til Friday, giving me almost 2 weeks total for this experiment. If the above symptoms subside, I may continue the experiment longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also added a little farther down in my journal entry today that I am beginning to think that MAYBE, just maybe, Splenda may be ADDICTIVE for me. I think this b/c I am now behaving towards Splenda the way I did towards sugar, when I was addicted to it.

This scares me, friends! I am definitely remaingin cautious on this one. I know I am extremely sensitive to sweeteners, and maybe Splenda is not different in body than the others. A few more days will tell. Anything that makes me focus on it this way can't be okay, can it?

Thanks for the input, keep it coming friends!