View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 10:41

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Hey, thanks for the input, ya'll!

Alrighty, this is a great start already here!

Hammj, I'm glad to hear you aren't plagued by awful symptoms using Splenda, even tho you don't use it often. And I think this may be the key, not using it often.

Maltitol is nasty stuff, ain't it? I had it one time only, and ONLY b/c I didn't know it was in the thing. Before I began LC'ing, I bought a bunch of protein bars, thinking it would be fast and keep me from skipping lunch, then gorging at dinner.

Well, after the first bite of the first bar, I nearly wretched. I ended up throwing away the whole lot of them, then hubby read ingredients and said the sweetener was the nasty stuff. Also, I have heard it gives some people the squirts.

Eden, thanks for the link--that story was great! It's always nice to see what others think about the taste of these sweeteners. I was concerned about the same thing the write was: the long term trouble from using these new "fake" sugars.

I do not use aspartame. I don't like the flavor, and furthermore, when I had used in years ago a few times, I got dizzy like crazy, along with a headache. That told me to stay away from it. I think many of my friends who drink diet stuff all day long have changed since they started drinking that stuff. And they are all fat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Latest update: This morning, my bloating was completely gone. I purposely used nearly 4 packets of Splenda yesterday to see if that was what was causing the bloating. But I guess it may not have been, since I woke up fine.

I haven't suffered any other symptons, but I will keep you updated. More input from you folks is needed here, too! THANK YOU!!!