View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-20-20, 13:46

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 215/197.2/195 Male 73.5
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Back for round 3...or 4...well, back for a tune-up

I have gone down the Atkins road several times, twice over the last several years on this board. I have a hard time sticking to the plan over the long haul, and I have accepted that Atkins is going to be a 2-3 month yearly tune-up for me. I work out, am active, but if I eat like I did when I was 30 the weight comes back. So here I go again.

Where am I today? Good question, as I have not stepped on the scale yet. Judging by my pants and love handles, I think I have eclipsed 200, maybe 205. After the last time I swore I would not get above 200 again, but you know how it goes. My plan is to start off tomorrow with a 24 hour fast, and then go right into a diet that keeps me below 25 grams carbs until I get back to 180-185. I plan to weigh myself next Saturday, although I may get on the scale tomorrow.

You must understand that for the last 6 months, although working out hard with my son (we did a GoRuck Heavy in June), I have also been enjoying eating with him (Five Guys burger and fries, anyone?). Today, I have turned him over to Uncle Sam, so I am going to turn that feeling that all parents know into a focus on getting back to fighting shape.
Sponsored Links