Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 11:08
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Fibro from injection?

Hello Everyone:

I had Fibro, CFS, MCS, allergies, candida, reactive hypoglycemia, and IBS. Anyway, I didn't know I had fibro/CFS because I was so focused on my other problems. Where do you fit all the complaints in, right?

Most of my problems started 7 years ago when I got a cortisone injection in my wrist. I had a horrific reaction to the injection and to add further insult to injury, received arrogant indifference by the orthopedic surgeon since I was a HMO patient at the time. Ironically, he shamed me into getting the ~#$^%$^%$% injection in the first place. I didn't think I needed it.

To make a long story short, that injection resulted in Reflex Dympathetic Dystrophy in my wrist and shoulder because I wasn't able to use my arm. Lifting up a plate would send my hand into muscle spasms. My hand turned into a claw and I wore a sling everyday because I did not have the strength to hold up my arm.

Things got even worse after that, but the happy ending is that I feel 100% better today since I changed my diet from a low-fat vegetarian diet to a LC diet.

Now here's the problem. I see a doctor who practices complementary medicine. Only problem is he doesn't do pap smears. So I went to my traditional doctor (after a 7 year hiatus) and she wanted me to get a tetanus shot. I got the shot and the muscle in my arm (bicep) has been sore for 2 days now. For 2 nights it's been interrupting my sleep due to the throbbing. I'm also experiencing weakness. The injection site is not swollen or red, it's just sore.

I noticed on Dr. Mercola's site that tetanus has formaldehyde, aluminum and mercury in the vaccines. I'm not sure if I'm reacting to the chemicals (I have MCS) or if this is a fibro flare-up.

I'm a bit scared. I was crying this morning for fear that I was going through the same thing as my wrist. I'm not the crying type, and I'm a little embarassed to even admit it. I know it's just an over-reaction, but I can't help the fear. I know I couldn't live through it again and come out of it "intact".

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? I've put cold compresses on the site which helped a little. I already take 700 mg of magnesium so I'm too nervous to increase the dosage without an intracellular magnesium test. Any advice?

LOL! My doctor wants me to get a hepatitis shot as well. I don't think so. I'll take my chances.

Thanks,
Wanda
Sponsored Links