#39   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-08, 09:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthla
I felt better when I first started LC, but I haven't been doing well lately.

I'm now going gluten and bean free completely, to see if it helps. I've come to the conclusion that both beans and grains (individually) cause indigestion/gas/etc, but I haven't been able to avoid them completely long enough to really test it.

I'm going to be a lot more careful now about accidental gluten ingestion. I'll let you know in a few weeks or months if it makes a difference.

I've now been GF for nearly 2 months now and it's definitely making a difference!

I can tell when I accidentally ingest something that doesnt' agree with me- and I've since cut out ALL legumes from my diet, even green beans. I even seem to react from touching gluten, even when I don't ingest it- or maybe there's cross contamination on the days that there's so much gluten in the kitchen I can't help but touch it.

In any case, I'm cutting out the foods that don't agree with me, and I'm ending up with something very close to a Paleo diet. I'm not strictly following Paleo "by the book"- I'm doing what my own body seems to need. Am I 100% better? Not even close! But by watching my diet carefully, I'm able to have more good days and fewer flares.