View Single Post
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 15:06

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/181.8/145 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

I hope I'm not crashing your thread by posting my IF questions here where you are discussing the new book, but I couldn't see any other logical place to post this. If you need to move this, then please do so.

In one of Dr. Fung's blog post he talked about the difference between low fat/calorie diets over sustained periods of time, and LCHF/IF, and that the low fat/calorie diet did slow down metabolism and caused weight gain.

I'm trying to understand what the non-fasting porting of LCHF/IF looks like.

1. If one is eating just 1 or 2 meals a day and fasting 18:6 or 20:4 , does it matter how many calories one eats for their non-fast meals?
2. If calories for 1 or 2 meals are between 600-800 is that a problem metabolically when one is doing LCHF/IF. More specifically does it have the same metabolic affect as low fat/calories diets alone over sustained periods (slowed metabolism)?

I haven't seen anything in the tons of Dr. Fung blog posts, videos, and LowCArbDownUnder videos that answer that, unless I missed it. I downloaded and read all the PDFs links that Jey posted for the archive of the blog and didn't see the answer in the guidelines or FAQ.