Old Thu, Mar-24-11, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Thompson Low Gly. Load
Stats: 344/318/200 Male 71.5
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
What about simpler meals? So that there is LESS work, less standing, peeling, chopping, etc.

I tend to go for a lot of 2 ingredient meals. Ie, baked chicken and buttered broccoli. Steak and green beans. And so on. Just a suggestion.

Also.... I hear you on the missing potatoes thing! But there are A LOT of people, who can include occasional (normal) portions of potatoes in their LC plans.

Also, just fyi; you can find shredded, unsweetened, desiccated coconut in the baking aisle.

I don't like bland food, (nor keen on ANY meat to be honest, if I "fancy" meat it is only ever CURED meat I like, sucha s bacon!) it bores me more than anything, that's exactly what switches me off first, in fact it's that sort of thing that I see as THE problem! Thank God that half the world agrees, and has worked hard to invent methods of making chicken taste of SOMETHING! ;-)
If I thought all there was to look forward to in life was a chicken breast it would have me jumping off a bridge, or on the next plane to Switzerland - I would sooner eat the pack it comes in! However that apart, even if someone else was cooking it, it simply does not fill, at all. Vegetables however nicely flavoured or not, are just plain water, and they have nothing to prevent them just disappearing, unlike starch, which I conclude simply hangs around for far longer. I spend one hour after any meal feeling OK, and within the following half an hour, I am SUDDENLY empty, and waiting for the next meal, that is EVERY single meal, however large (too much is worse, it makes my stomach feel over-full, then it empties out leaving even bigger hunger!)

The most satisfying food I do eat is lentils and beans... generally I tolerate them well, and they disappear slower, but require a lot of effort and imagination to turn into something edible at all, I think most people would find a plate of boiled lentils incredibly boring!

What I end up doing increasingly is eating junk like processed cooked meat or cheese, just as boring, but the attraction is, zero effort!

Can't allow potatoes AT ALL, wish I could... Wheat in processed form is the WORST, but even with potatoes and rice I am simply too Insulin resistant, I tend to have to be a bit more severe on myself to keep the insulin production down, the Thompson diet is too "generous" for me, so I cut even more severely, although certain types of carbs seems to be less "active" eg. apples... I can be TOO free with them, and do probably overdo them; yet say for example plums, and I get insulin pumping out by the bucket! Odd really!:-(

I feel it is some sick quirk of nature, the only foods I want to eat are "toxic" to me :-(

Will be out shopping shortly, so will see if any unsweetened coconut does exist! ;-)