View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 08:25

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 285/234/160
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default March 7, 2002

I made it to the gym for the second day in a row yesterday. It was a cardio day, so I did 20 minutes on the treadmill (the machines have a 20-min. limit) and 10 on a cycle.

At my last training session, Anne suggested that I get my heart rate up to 119 (I'm 51) and not let it get above 125. This makes it much more interesting, trying to get the right combination of speed and incline to hit this range. I noticed that I was able to do it with a slightly higher speed and more incline this time (2.8 mph and 1.5%), which is encouraging. I look around me and think that what I'm doing is ridiculously easy, but it's obviously working. It's a bit harder with the cycle--level 2 is enough resistance to pedal at a steady rate, but it's hard to pedal slow enough to stay close to 119 (it was more like 126).

It would be nice if I could persuade Ernie to go for a walk this weekend--assuming that we can find a snow-free path. I have a goal of being able to run with Kate, my daughter (I haven't told her yet); I'm not sure how long it will take to get there, but I'm sure I'll be able to.

Susan