View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/141/145 Female 66 "
BF:
Progress: 110%

Donald, I can relate to your first time experience... it is alot more work eating this way in an age of convinience foods.... and without the support of other low carbers it is very difficult sometimes to keep going... to be able to read others peoples experiences really helps... especially to know what you are going through is normal.. stalls and plateaus work them selves out ... that is something I did not know the first time around.. I thought it did not work for me... this forum is a big part of my success.

And then I fell into the other trap... from family and friends.. at meals would say... oh this one time wont hurt ya, have some.. and then of course there is another time and another time.... and eventually you are eating carby foods again.. well this time is totally different.. no more just this one time.... a friend at dinner the other night told me I was a pain in the ass and just eat it the way it is - I was taking the breading off a blooming onion!!! Well sorry but not interested in eating it with the breading on.. I learned to say NO THANK YOU and I Will not eat it that way to the people around me.. no giving in!

There is definatly not going to be a third time or lost count for me.. this time is it.. the lifestyle is here to stay!