View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-19, 12:02

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default Not into steps, just miles per day

I read about the folks that walk 10,000 steps per day. I suppose they use a pedometer or an app to track that.

I don't own a pedometer, and when I walk, I leave my phone home. In Florida, at the end of a walk, I'm dripping wet and that isn't a good environment for a piece of electronics gear.

Besides, I mostly have the location off to keep either Google or Apple from tracking my every movement They already know more about me than the NSA

So I walk between 3 and 4 miles per day, every day that I'm not working. Mostly 4 when time permits. 4 miles takes a little more than an hour. I have no idea how many calories that burns.

On the days that I work I burn calories other ways. I'm a musician and multi-instrumentalist, so I haul a minivan worth of gear out of my house, into the van, to the gig site, stand 3 to 4 hours without break singing and playing various instruments (being a musician is physical), then pack everything back into the minivan, and when home, back into the house. I have no idea how many calories that burns either.

Anyway on those non-gig days, the walking doesn't bother me at all, I don't mind it one bit. What does get to me is the time involved. I could be learning new songs, learning a new instrument, practicing old ones, taking care of the bookkeeping, cold calling for new gigs, and so forth. Bit it's something I feel I have to do.

There just isn't enough time in the day.

Anybody else track miles instead of steps?

Bob-a-rama
Sponsored Links