View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

GotBeer?
That is disgusting , I just have to wonder who in the heck came up with that freaking idea in the first place! I would never have guessed it to be true if I had not come across it myself while researching how to care for my own cattle. But I guess any creature will eat pretty well anything just to stay alive if they have no other choice! Our cattle enjoyed their lives and we enjoyed them. Never would we have considered feeding them anything but natural food!

On our small hobby farm our cattle got plenty enough to eat on grass, silage (sour hay) fresh water and a treat of grain! There are plenty of people in our area raising a few cattle that they would be happy to sell, as consumers we just have to go out and look for these higher quality products. Ask questions and refuse to buy half of the crap the mega componies are trying to sell us!! I would suggest that it is easy enough to go to your local butcher (not the chain stores) and find local grass fed beef from a reputable farmer.
Thanks for posting Gotbeer, I think I'll have a steak for dinner! (grass-fed thank-you)