View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-05, 07:04
Thank you Dr Atkins!

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 311/250/220 Male 6 feet
BF:45%/20%/15%
Progress: 67%

I apologize for posting men's stuff. I guess I saw the word "Daniel" and assumed. You know what happens when one assumes ...

The hormone stuff is very interesting. I am not sure what to recommend for the ladies -- since I have not studied that. I should say, I have studied the ladies but not ladies hormones .

But hormones play a very powerful role in our bodies. Since insulin is a very powerful hormone in people like us -- it is important to understand the effect it plays and how to rebalance our body's hormones. Since in our bodies insulin is way too high, and then other powerful hormones start kicking in because of too much insulin, many of our other hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen are thrown way out of balance.

For example, many men that feel "middle aged" may have more estrogen in their bodies then women that feel "middle aged".

But the first step is the low carb diet which cuts insulin, which cuts cortisol and other hormones. Then through supplements you can rebuild the other hormones to their proper states. I feel 20 years younger.

But if insulin remains high -- most likely the other hormones will remain messed up.

Good luck!