View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-21, 06:25
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Joanna Blythman: Veganism really is 'one part cult, one part eating disorder'

Joanna Blythman: Veganism really is 'one part cult, one part eating disorder'

Quote:
if I get into discussion with someone contemplating becoming vegan, I’ll be asking them to mull over these thoughts before adopting this extreme approach.

I’d first see if they have read The Vegetarian Myth, by the Canadian author Lierre Keith. She was a vegan for over 20 years, believing this diet would honour animals, feed the hungry, and save the planet. Now she believes veganism “is one part cult, one part eating disorder”, and that it “destroyed her body”.

She recounts how her fervent ideological determination blinded her to early warning signs, such as missed periods. She describes how she has been left with irreversible spine disease, gut problems, pain and more.

She includes depression and anxiety in this tally, which thankfully alleviated substantially once she jumped off the vegan wagon.

“You don’t have to try this for yourself. You’re allowed to learn from my mistakes”, she urges would-be vegan recruits.
Sponsored Links