View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 09:02

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%

I was reading back through this thread and noticed that I have checked in and posted over a number of years. It was interesting to me to see that on my first post my mother was 93 and now she is approaching 97 in a couple of months. She was going to assisted living at the time but has progressed to a nursing home because of her dementia and frailty. I have lost weight since the original post but I still have about 35 pounds to go to reach my goal. I started out as a triple digit member.

I gained almost 18 pounds during the covid isolation but thankfully I came to my senses and have lost almost all of those extra gained pounds.

Kyrasdad's reason for losing weight was a pretty good one to me.....he wanted to be around for his daughter. Everyone has some little thing - personal to them - that starts them on the path to losing weight. I agree that it is something you have to decide for yourself - another person can't make you do it and if you aren't totally in - it won't happen.I let my weight go for years and years gaining to my all time high. I ignored it until my feet hurt so bad that I went to see a podiatrist. He very gently told me that most of my pain could be resolved if I was able to lose some weight. He explained the extra pressure on my feet and knees and recommended some orthotics and different shoes.

I walked out of his office, began using orthotics in my shoes, bought some Hokas and began my diet. It has taken me several years, but I have lost 90 pounds and solved my foot pain.

So, I am glad I checked this post again. It gave me a little perspective on where I was a few years ago and hopefully will help me get back on track to lose those 35 pounds I need to lose to reach my goal.

Keep checking in folks......let us know you are here!