View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-18, 10:29

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Basic Almond Flour Bread (the best LC bread recipe - I've tried them all)

This recipe is really good. It has a nice, moist texture, but not spongy or eggy (which is my complaint about most low carb breads). It sort of reminds me of cornbread. It's also simple to make, and requires no unusual, hard-to-find ingredients. I've been making a loaf about once every 2 weeks. I slice it, and freeze it in foil so I can just take a few slices out here and there as I need them.

I haven't experimented yet with adding herbs and seasonings, but I do often sprinkle sesame seeds on top before baking.

This morning, I toasted two pieces under the broiler to make avocado toast, and you wouldn't know that it wasn't "real" bread. I wanted to share it because I assume that if bread is the one thing I miss on my LCHF diet, others probably feel the same!

1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/3 cup golden flaxseed meal
4 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a loaf pan lightly.
Mix almond flour, flaxseed meal, eggs, almond milk, olive oil, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl until smooth dough forms. Transfer to prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cool in loaf pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Sponsored Links