#37   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-13, 05:57

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
I too am gluten free as of about 2 weeks ago, though I have messed it up twice. I was a gluten-every-day person before so it's harder for me but I am less bloated and feel better. Are you still gluten free? How do you feel?

Hi MR Yes, I'm still gluten free. I've been gluten free for about a month now without slipping. I slipped too in the beginning. Wheat tastes so good.
I'm not celiac so it's very easy to say "Oh well just this once" I had the hardest time staying off wheat at restaurants. That's when I would cheat. But being gluten intolerant now, my acid indigestion and AR were just getting worse and worse the more I ate wheat, not to mention the lethargy and lack of motivation..depression. I really feel it when I get accidently contaminated. My stomach does a back flip and hurts. Wheat Belly really helps motivate me to stay off it. Today I'm making baked ziti ... regular for the kids and GF for me. (I'm working on getting my kids off gluten too)

I was eating a lot of soy. I wasn't losing then either. I thought the soy was messing with my thyroid. I've cut back on the soy. I've been eating chicken. Maybe I should add more bean meals. I know I sleep better when I have animal protein for meals. When I was eating a lot of soy, I was waking up all night long every hour.