View Single Post
  #468   ^
Old Sat, Jul-23-16, 12:21

Plan: LCHF/ketogenic
Stats: 163/132/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 94%

A woman at work was visibly shrinking quickly, so I asked her about it. She said she and her husband were doing Atkins and it was easy, because she wasn't hungry. I asked about its safety and she said her husband's doctor told him its was alright to do occasionally (after all my reading, I think it's alright always, but that's another topic).

Excluding pregnancies, I have never been this heavy, but gained weight over the past three or four years. I have tried to lose weight a few times during this time and failed, because I was too hungry on the low fat, low calorie diets I have always used. I am sick of being uncomfortable in my tight clothes and refuse to buy bigger sizes.

The other trigger is a few fasting blood tests during this time that have put me in the prediabetic range. T2 diabetes runs in my family and I definitely don't want it!

I bought "Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution" and started the program right away. A month later, I have lost nine pounds and it's so much easier than I ever imagined. Also, my fasting blood sugar is now normal!