View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-12, 18:39

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Hi...

Hi Judy, I know what you mean about running in the winter...Your winters are very similar to mine...my sis used to live in Michigan and we were amazed how we would be having the same weather. That was back in the 80s tho so things might have changed...We routinely get lots of ice and snow and sometimes below zero weather still and I've lived here off and on for so many years so I have long underwear, wool scarves to wrap my neck in and gloves and a good running jacket.....I also bring my bike in and put the back tire up on the stand that holds the back wheel up with tension on the tire and enables me to use my bike in the living room. I'd much rather get my exercise outside tho so I'll be out there if it isn't too bad. Like I said about the fun runs my first one last year I was so nervous, it had been so long, but it was such a good feeling to do it. There were lots of people walking it and running as slow as I am! You should try just a 5k and you'll probably get hooked again. You look like you're at your goal weight which is great! I started at 144 and hit 129 just recently, got lower last year but I get too thin at 5' 4" if I go much lower than what I am. I like that running keeps me where I want to be with my weight as long as I'm consistent with it and with my way of eating. My goal is to stay at my present weight and I'm confident it won't be hard to do. I know I'm not going to gain any back ever, I love how I'm eating now and the running is just icing on the cake. And I love the 'zen' of it...When I went out this afternoon it was only 65 degrees which was perfect for me...then I can layer and had a light sweatshirt on. Anyway, I think running in the winter can be nice, if you have a lot of ice you might need some rubber grippers on your shoes. You should try to find a running group in your area...I live out in the country and don't have anyone to run with but if you're closer to the city I'm sure you could find a bunch of gals to run with...I miss having that.
Best wishes and hugs,
Meg