#182   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-14, 21:24

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1
This is a great thread. I threw away my scale, which was my ultimate declaration of independence! Here are some of my recent non-scale victories:

-hearing this week someone over my shoulder at work trying to catch my attention by saying, "hey, Skinny." I am not skinny, nor do I want to be, but how very refreshing!

-being able to shop in cool consignment stores where I can get well-made clothes in excellent condition very inexpensively. Nice, particularly while I continue losing and my size is not yet stable.

-someone at work this week told me I inspired her to try low carb and she has already been losing weight and feeling great. Nice to know one more person is saved from the LFHC perils.

-I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a year tonight and she commented on my smaller size.

-being surprised as I pass by mirrors--I love to see my curvy shape these days.

-nearly every day for the last month or two people have commented that I look great.

-I had to donate all my clothes to my sister and dig out those size 16 and 14 jeans to wear.

-almost NEVER feeling hungry! Woo-hoo!

-eating has become simpler: If I don't have something on hand, I just grab some deli meat and smother it in olive oil, mayo, or some other pleasing kind of fat, then pop a handful of macadamia nuts or some veggies and I'm good to go for many hours.

-giving hope to others, especially those I care about who have diabetes or metabolic syndrome.

-going off my statin drugs.

-having more energy through the day and into the evenings.

-Finally feeling in tune with my body after years of trying and struggling to be a "good girl" and follow the establishment's low fat, high carb poisonous advice. I don't struggle or have to wear myself out using willpower to deal with the cravings that were my constant companion when I was eating low fat.

-having a community such as this one that inspires me and supports me.

LOVE THIS!!! All of it! Bravo!!! and hear, hear!!!