View Single Post
  #2551   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-19, 18:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Lori---I had to smile at that little old "drum stick" work out that had its way w/you. Dang but isn't it true these days that ANY new movement you do for more than a minute let you know about it the next day, and how. We walked a lot w/son in river town, and half of it was uphill. Holy cats, I had the worst shin splints the next day, and I was wearing reasonable shoes!

To answer your question, we are going to try to get to SF, probably between Xmas and New Years. Our biggest obstacle is our dogger. Being blind and older she has some special needs, so have to start researching that next week. She's never been in a kennel! We've always had dog sitters. But now she can't be left alone for more than 3 or 4 hours, so we can't use our usual gal because she works, and a good distance from our home. SIGH. Have a few ideas up my sleeve, we'll see.

Nic---So nice to hear you're having a lovely time w/your dad and SM, and good to hear your dad is doing well, all things considered. Did you like Downton Abby? I really enjoyed it, just like the show, calming and fun to watch.

Trig---Gads gal, you really had to go to town on all those costumes! I was giggling w/your description of non-crafty mom must rise to the occasion. Sounds like you did. Kiddo's new school sound like fun.

Loved Jaz's question about if Dio Brando was Marlon's son I had no idea who he/she? was either. But I figured it had to do w/the Japanese anime thing so many kids are into---which I don't get at all, but that's why they call me old.

Literally "cool" about the hunters getting a free refrigerator---yeah, bet they were happy about that! Have a hubby-free chillin' weekend!

Jaz---Oh, that roast recipe sounds SO DELISHMO! I'm going to give it to hubby to make---hah, he makes every recipe so easy for me and I for him. I stay out of his kitchen, and he cooks great stuff for me. DEAL-O!!! And I know what you mean, a roast smells SO good. I'm so happy for you to be in cooler weather so you can fill your house w/fall smells, plus new jammies. Doesn't get much better than that.

I love the way you really do take care of yourself by making your home feel cozy and treating yourself to home cooking, great sheets, new jammies---little luxuries that make being home such a refuge, a refuge you really need right now, and I can just feel your contentment thru your post. Contentment is a VERY GOOD THING. The opposite of "inflammation" in a spiritual sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Minnesota has pulled a Minnesota and we had snow flurries today---really almost more sleet, but still. It was so cold and windy and gloomy and freaking miserable outside.

So. I called up my pal and asked her if she wanted to go to the Art Crawl---which is a fab art show spread out in warehouses and buildings all over the city.
One of the locations is just 3 minutes from my door. So off we went.

What a great way to spend such a miserable day. This particular part of the Art Crawl is in an old brewery that has been converted to artists lofts. So some of the work is actually in the artists' individual lofts and studios, and lots more of it is all thru the hallways of this amazing old building.

We had so much fun looking at all the pretties. We each got a few lovely little things. They weren't a lot of money, but they are originals. I so like giving my money to artists. Then we went to a glass of wine and some French onion soup.

Home and cozy. Limping back onto the woe. Did well for a couple of days and then we had hubby's cousin and wife over for dinner last night and the hubs really outdid himself w/the meal, and I enjoyed it all, including the carbs.

...Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, it's only a day away." Sing along, LOL. Yeah GOT TO BE tomorrow. I feel just on the edge of gaining real weight back. NO.
Sponsored Links