View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-07, 02:53
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Man, I must be influenced by fashion more than I realize. So far I just got a new haircut that is sort of 1940s pinup style. I have natural curls and I cut to to just below shoulder length with layers so I can get the little pincurls and I actually use a rat sometimes on my hair in front when I really want a vintage look. I also just got this gorgeous sapphire blue nail polish which is TOTALLY unlike me. Usually I am far more conservative but I fell in love with this color http://www.amazon.com/OPI-Polish-RU...87772169&sr=8-2

I must have seen a similar color on a model in a magazine or something and it just stuck in my mind.

I tend to wear a lot of black because every time I wear colors my boyfriend gently reminds me that black is more figure flattering for me. I would like to wear more colors. I do find some really nice plus size clothing on ebay and its not too pricy. I suggest checking it out for an inexpensive wardrobe pick me up.

I am a shoe addict. I may not pay that much attention to what I wear because I am so fat everything just looks terrible and I tend to go with a frumpy look way too much but I do splurge on shoes because they make my legs look longer and leaner which makes me feel better (and taller!)

I have over 100 pairs of shoes (I have 3 shoe trees that hold 30 each and the rest are on the floor until I get a fourth shoe tree)

Good shoes really are comfortable with a heel. I adore pointy toed anything even though I wear an 8.5 - 9 I still love the look. I love boots but since I have 20 inch calves it can be a little difficult to find boots that fit well. I finally started buying whatever boots I wanted and just going to a cobbler and he can either stretch them or put a gusset in so the boots will fit my calves. I actually know I am losing weight because one of my favorite boots (charles david crafty) had a gusset put in and now is getting to be a little loose on me when I wear it. Totally worth it though.

Also, great deals can be found on shoes. I like to browse around on Amazon and find great deals on shoes that I like and then try to price match them at zappos or endless etc. That way I get an even better deal on the shoes.

BTW: Thanks Pennink for starting such a great thread with great pointers!