View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 16:15

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

THUD!

Dude Man Bro...you are the Shiznit! I went through all of this, and got a reply back from Hoy Fong. Here's the nutrition for the 100 gram sample. (attachment)

We're going to go ahead and believe them, what choice do we have?

So your 4 grams per 100grams was spot on. That's .2 grams carbs for that 5 gram teaspoon or .6 grams per tablespoon. Good news, I'm doing pan fried Chinese style green beans tonight and Sambal and or Chili Garlic sauce is my jamb on that!

That's half of what I calculated on the homemade recipe above. One thing is for sure, when I make homemade chili garlic sauce, it comes out with a LOT less liquid than the Hoy Fong product. Maybe they use more vinegar etc. and put in the Xanthan gum to thicken it back up to that sort of...aloe vera consistency (best I could come up with on short notice to describe it!)

Whats the deal with posting pictures here? I have to pay to be able to blog style get my pics to just "be there" in my post like yours? Mine show up as an attachment, and pretty measly size restriction too. That's a shame because I can be a prolific step by step recipe poster.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chili garlic sauce nutrition.jpg (34.7 KB, 5 views)