View Single Post
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-20, 08:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all! Happy Tuesday!

Jaz, sounds like a rough day at work yesterday. Especially after such a great weekend for you. Hopefully today will be better.

So listen, I might be a bit sensitive but your comments about my decluttering are getting to me just a bit. I know you don't realize it, but I also think maybe it has been so long since you have had many people living with you in your home that you have forgotten what it was like. Three kids each having their own mittens, hats, ski gloves, snow pants, winter coat, spring coat and the like. Towels and sheets for five beds plus a guest bed. Five people living in a house, even if each person has not a lot of stuff, well, it is still a lot of stuff. Sport equipment and school supplies etc. Games and books for a family. And having cooking apparatus for a family of five and moving toward downsizing to what we need for a family of mostly two. Surely you must have done this too at some time or another. You aren't a mind reader so I just wanted to give you a heads up.. with my Mom's background I am sensitive to comments like that. I assure you what I am dealing with now is typical post-family downsizing clutter, nothing excessive. Anyway, support and encouragement is welcome.

Lori, you are doing SUCH a great job with your yoga classes and the running! It is interesting to hear about the different types of yoga. I am not as flexible as I would like to be, particularly in the hips and knees. Maybe I can look into this a while down the line.

Trig- Oh my gosh, about your car. I can't even. I would have no earthly idea WHAT to do in a situation like that at all.

How is your sinus stuff going today?

Blue- Miss ya girl. Looking forward to your new computer!

••••••••••••••••

Gray day today with some drizzle. Not too cold though. My heat is still being wonky and every now and again I come down and it hasn't come on properly, just blowing cold air. I can turn it off and wait, then turn it on again and that seems to do the trick, but it is annoying. At least it ultimately works thus far.

Continuing with my decluttering- I think I will hit up part of the kitchen today. Then I have my Barre class at 2. I also need to stop by the store.

Our freezer is pretty well cleaned out now, which is great. I think there is a frozen rack of ribs left and a couple of packs of frozen ground pork, which I use in my meatballs, and some wings (I buy those in bulk at Costco and pull what we will use) but otherwise everything has been eaten. Yay! No waste!

I ate some leftovers from the Kabob place last night and so I let the boys order pizza with my ten dollar off coupon. Tonight I'm making taco meat. I will probably freeze half to pull out later on in the month. DH left today for Nashville and so we won't go through as much.

DS18 had his first two midterms yesterday and said they went really well. Today he has only one, so he doesn't have to be at school until 10AM. He will be finished at noon, but then has play practice from 12-2.

Oh! He said something positive about the musical yesterday. I was really glad to hear that. I've laid low and let him work through it and he seems to be inching his way around.

All in all a good day on tap! Have a lovely day, all!