Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default coconut oil or oil of oregano might help with toenail fungus

Hi again,

Just editing my recent post to add this link:

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fungus.html

There's a whole lot of information on that site as to natural cures for toenail fungus.

I had it on my very littlest left-hand toenail (it kind of peeks under the other toes and I didn't even notice it had become discoloured). I got some of the nail varnish stuff and was very diligent. I also treated all my toes - between and around and under the toenails as far as I could - with coconut oil. This seems to have been a good way to keep it at bay, but, unfortunately, it has now gotten underneath my big right-hand toe. Again, I thought it was something else. I have this odd itchy spot - nothing visible at all at this place - on the instep of my right foot and it would get itchy at night in bed. I was using the toenail of my right foot to scratch it, to get some relief. So, when this right-foot toenail got a pale patch on it, I thought it was just from the scratching and thought nothing of it: I thought I had got rid of the toenail fungus...

So, now I am trying the nail varnish and coconut oil treatment again. My other toes all look fine and pink and healthy, so I am sure the regular coconut oil treatment has done them good.

I shall also start using an anti-fungal rinse in the wash that my socks go in, too.

This coconut oil is popular on iherb.com and I have seen it recommended on this site, too:

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic...532-g/7311?at=0

I haven't used it myself as I can only order small, light items from iherb.com and still take advantage of the low international shipping costs. But if you want to try it - it may well work against the fungal problem internally, too, if you want to try eating it as well.

I shall definitely do some more research on the Oil of Oregano!!! But I might buy some via a UK or German retailer as one of my iherb.com orders seems to have been held by the German customs. I placed the order four weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived!!!

amanda