View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-03, 12:10
Carb Nazi

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%
Default What was your kick-start insult or event?

Most of us have been heavy for a long time, but could never muster the desire to do anything about it... then something happens, an insult (perhaps meant as a joke but hurtful), a glance of yourself naked in the mirror, an embarrassing moment in an airplane, etc. that kick starts us on a diet, hopefully THE diet that will solve our problem for good. My question is, what was that insult or event that got you started?

Mine was a dinner party my wife and I were having a few months ago. There were my friends and several family members gathered, including my Mother who is 75 years old. She knew that I had gone to the doctor that week. Anyway, everyone made their plates from a buffet we had set up, and then brought their plates to the dinner table. As I brought in a huge stack of food and sat down, my Mom asked "now son, what did the doctor say about your weight problem? I was so embarrassed, especially with that huge load of food I had on my plate. She didn't mean to embarrass me... she was speaking out of concern, but at her age didn't think before she spoke. It was very awkward, even though I tried to laugh it off. Ever since then though, I keep thinking about that evening and why I was the only one in the group that was fat... just look at my plate! madmike
Sponsored Links