View Single Post
  #177   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 05:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Wed: Went home after work and pool jogged for 45 min. Wanted to walk the dogs afterward since I missed both the morning and noon sessions, but it was not meant to be. Son’s teacher has a reward system where they earn ‘bucks’ throughout the quarter. Then she has an ‘auction’ where they can use their bucks to buy merchandise. Son had asked me for a permission slip to buy a goldfish at the auction. He already has one, so I wrote the permission slip thinking he might bring home a goldfish to add to the existing tank. Well, he brought home not one fish in a ziploc bag – there were 3!!!! The water had a greenish cast and I could not see them clearly, except that they were brown.

His current tank would not support four goldfish! So, DH who had picked him up from school and knew the scoop had stopped at the store and bought a bowl. I looked at it and knew it would not work. There was no cover, so the cats would have an easy time going fishing, and there was no pump or filter, so the water would need to be changed several times a week. I explained the problem, so he returned it. After dinner we had to go shopping for a tank for the fish. We went to a store and found a nice 5 gallon tank that was supposed to include everything – filter, pump, food, water conditioner, cover, light, etc. – everything except gravel. By the time I got it home it was 8:30. I opened the package to set it up, and found that parts were missing!!! There was no pump or filter, no food, no water conditioner. I called the store (which closes at 9:00) and told them what happened. The clerk said she would take the parts from another tank (this was the only green one they had). So, DH rushed back to the store (it’s a 20 minute drive and they were closing in 25 min.). By the time he got home with the tank and I got it set up in son’s room, it was after 10:00.

Then, I poured the poor fish that had been confined to this gallon ziploc bag for hours into their new home. That’s when I got a good look at them. They are NOT goldfish. They are, I think, some sort of tropical fish!!!! I don’t know for sure what they are or how to care for them. I gave them some of the tropical fish food that came with the tank and left the goldfish in his own tank. Now, if they’re tropical fish, I think that I’ll need a heater for the tank. Tomorrow I need to go shopping for a birthday gift and I’ll stop in a pet store and look at their fish to try to figure out what these are. Son had no idea. Either that, or I’ll call the teacher and ask her. So far these 3 ‘free’ fish have cost me $68.72 for the tank and gravel. That does not include the price of a heater if I have to add that, nor the time and gas spent running around to find the tank. Hopefully they will live long and healthy lives!!!

So, after all that, here’s an actual gym log:

Thur: Got up later and was going in to work later because I was designated 5:00 person that day. It was light outside when I got up, so I walked the dogs instead of going on the treadmill. It was good walking weather – in the 50’s – only went around ‘the circle’, about 1-1/2 miles in 20 mins.

Lunch break: Walked for 30 min.

After work: Went home and pool jogged for 30 min. It was still really nice outside – warm, sunny, high was 80.

Tried something new for dinner – I had it a restaurant about a year ago, so I tried to duplicate it at home. It was a salad with sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing topped with a fillet of marinated grilled salmon. I came close, but, but the restaurant marinade had some other seasoning. Maybe I’ll have to take a trip back to the restaurant and have it again so I can try to figure out what else was in that dressing.