View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Feb-10-02, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 268/198/205
BF:
Progress: 111%

Actually Andy, I think I agree with Nat on this one. I think you stepped in it there. So is there a double standard here as Nat suggests? What is the double standard?

If you read all my posts, do you think I was purposely being offensive? I wasn’t trying to be. I did write:

“Well, I think I've overdone it. I certainly didn't intend my original post to be antagonistic. I think I'll call it quits. My apologies if I have inadvertently offended anyone, that was not my intention.

What about Nat's posts in response to mine - any aggression there? Do you think all women would be offended with me? By the way, I think five women responded and a few wrote they found it inspiring. What about when Nat wrote:

“And I think caring too much about how you look and wanting to be too thin can turn women in to anorexics and bullemics”.

Hmmm, I’m not sure how all women or men would react to that. I certainly didn’t like that. It smacks of reverse discrimination.

Nat writes:

“Grossly unresearched.”

I WASN’T as I’ve written, I don’t know how many times, writing a term paper on low-carb diets. Nat wants to keep coming back to that. I acknowledge she’s got me beat on the subject – hands down, no contest.

Look, thank you both for responding to my post, I’m sorry if I’ve offended you, I wasn’t trying to do that. I apologize. It did lead to some lively discussion and that was good. I take your points: truce, truce! Stop shooting.