View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-29-19, 09:45

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

TOTALLY agree with you. Here in the U.S. those options are being threatened. DH and I have many friends without children......just wish support for mothers was available here like it is in other first world countries.

Also....... in this crisis, is the mechanization of more jobs. Yesterday, watched an indepth look at automated trucking. Some think its feasible within five years.....personally, I see too many barriers to accomplish the complete replacement of a skilled trucker. The order fulfillment centers are definitely going more automated. Though the problem is becoming, according to a look at Amazon, humans cannot keep up with machines and are getting physically hurt. The level of production expected is beyond human ability.

We need fewer and fewer humans to do jobs.

Yet, I read a wonderdul indepth look at cheese making in a Sep 2019 issue of a Wine magazine while sitting at eye doctors..... specifically, Vermont has a xillion small artisan cheese makers now, all since the 1980's. Other states were also featured.

I also see the poor quality foods the poorest eat in my region and look at their poor health. The two go g
hand in hand according to my math brain. The richest can afford the farm food at the farmers market, which is in the richest town around. Im not paying $6 for a one cup jar of freshly ground nut butter.... but many people do. Others pay $26 for an organic chicken.

CHICKENS should be in every backyard. Chickens are great at eating scrap food. And mine scour my farm for good things to eat. They make meat and eggs out of the bugs, grasses and compost thru the summer......very little grain in the summer.....

My point is most of us can have chickens, even if just for eggs. There is a reason the breeds of chickens developed over the centuries far exceeds the breeds of cattle.