#10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 15:54

Plan: none
Stats: 105/105/120 Female 5ft2inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawchem
When they say that some people develop resistance to their thyroid medication do you think that their just not absorbing it as well because of gluten?

This is pretty much what happened to me. I was feeling like my meds weren't working at all....I had every symptom of being Hypo except I was losing lots of weight. As soon as I went gluten free my body temp went up...I was getting out of bed in the morning and I had lots of energy. My skin and hair got better and the aches and pains went away. Also depression and brainfog which were 2 of my biggest symptoms were suddenly gone. I had been adjusting my meds for more than 2 years with no change. I tried T4/T3 combo and finally Armour but nothing worked. At the time that I started the diet I was on 3 grains of Armour my hands and feet were numb...I was freezing and sleeping all day (I was on disability). Immediately I was able to go down to only 1 grain and 5 months later I'm still taking 1 grain with no Hypo symptoms.

Unfortunately I had lost 25 lbs. before I figured out about gluten. I've gained 10 of it back but I still have a ways to go as far as thats concerned. I ended up at 94 lbs. Now I'm 105 but my goal is 120. Maybe by the end of the year.