Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #297   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-19, 11:11

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I agree that's a reasonable course to take. I do hedge with vitamins myself. But with this sort of uncertainty, I think it makes sense to look at it from an individual risk/benefit perspective. With somebody like Mikhaila Peterson for instance, risk of an unknown deficiency might be outweighed by more immediate concerns of arthritic pain and depression. Or Andrew Scarborough--not the best example here because he does target nutrient richness within the carnivore diet--but when a diet is that level of ketogenic, upping protein a little at expense of carbohydrate makes a certain sense.

I seem to do better without vegetables--but when I push the carbs very low in spite of vegetable content of the diet, the vegetables don't interfere with the benefits of a more deeply ketogenic diet in any obvious way, it's just that it's easier to count carbs very low when the sources in the diet are minimized.

When it comes to just a low carb diet, I think I'm willing to go out a little further on the limb and say that it's potentially the most nutrient rich diet in the world, not much left out in the dark but grains and potato, not the most nutrient-dense foods in the world to start with.