#4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 18:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Count me in

Hi itsjoyful and Atriana!

I'm a soon to be quitter. I'm a loser. That wouldn't sound good on my work resume, but on my life resume those are the best qualifications.

I've been LCing for 6 weeks, and will be giving up smokes by the end of the month. I've been smoking since I was 20, for 26 years. 1.5 packs a day now, even with not being able to smoke in the office.

For me smoking was more of a control thing than anything. I was married at the time to a control freak who demanded to manage everything in my life including how often I flushed the toilet. Smoking was the only thing I could take up that he had no control over, so I did it in secret until I walked away from that bad situation many years ago.

I've tried quitting so many times...acupuncture, hypnosis, zyban, patches, gum, cold turkey. I know that I will only be able to quit when I believe that I have regained control of my life.

Funny thing is, LCing makes me feel like I have gained control again. The biggest added benefit for me is that smoking with a bad case of keto-mouth makes cigarettes taste pretty bad.

It's nice to have a support group for this new adventure.