#19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-22-20, 15:21

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calianna
But mom didn't do much in the way of seasoning anything she cooked, usually limited to a little salt (no pepper), and she very rarely made any kind of combined foods (such as casseroles, soups, and stews) which usually call for at least a little onion, because Dad didn't like them. So despite the poor quality of the ground beef used for the McD burgers, the combination of flavors in the big mac (“Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame-seed bun.”) might as well have been some kind of gourmet cooking as far as my taste buds were concerned - I absolutely loved it.
Sounds like my family. I didn't go to McD until I was in college (I think I ordered a Big Mac too, because I recognized the name from advertising)! My father never wanted casseroles, soups, and stews because he associated them with WWII-era stretching of meals or a father who couldn't provide slabs of meat for his family (though we loved casseroles, soups, and stews). Once for my mother's birthday my sister & I (8 & 11) made a Gourmet Magazine Beef Bourguignon for Mom and my father was incensed and left us in tears for daring to make something our Mom would like on her birthday. I'm still a fan of one-dish meals with melded flavours, though my sister prefers each item on its own on a plate.