View Single Post
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 05:07
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 150/120/100 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 60%

Looks like this thread hasn't been posted to in years. It's such an interesting topic. I'm just over half way to goal, having taken off 87 lbs. and still have 77 lbs. to go. Right now, I'm at a point where some things are great and some things are funny.

It's nice being able to sit in a restaurant booth and not have my stomach squashed by the table. It's great having a Blood Glucose of 96 instead of running in the 350-to-450 range.

It was funny when I finally had to throw out my old pair of size 34 blue slacks, after they literally fell down around my ankles one evening at home (thank goodness) by myself, as I walked across the kitchen. Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. What a great "problem" to have lost so much weight your pants fall off!

Following the last 30 pounds or so that came off, I have to be careful that my rings don't fall off my hands (it's happened more than once). Have to either put a plastic sizer on them or just bend the ring fingers when I'm straightening the bed covers.

The seatbelt on my car now fits AOK. Previously there were times that it seemed difficult getting the seatbelt to click shut. Weighing less makes it it so much nicer now.

Not having to buy clothes from a "large size" catalog is neat. This summer I've noticed I don't seem to sweat (perspire) as much as I used to when I was heavier. My legs don't get chaffed now as they used to. I put the money I used to spend on sweets & junk food, into buying better quality of LC foods. It's easy now to tie shoes. My husband can get his arms around me now which is nice. I have more energy and feel better. Looking forward to continuing to feel even better as more weight comes off. Makes me feel better about myself knowing I'm so much slimmer now, and that I am working hard to eat LC to eventually reach goal.

It's sinking in mentally and emotionally that I can never go back to the old ways of eating. That's taken some adjustment & serious thinking about my life. About giving up junk "food" and chosing to eat healthier LC. If I blow it one meal, I know I can just get right back on it the next meal. I've come too far to not hang in there to the finish line. Really enjoy reading the stories others share and so many of the various threads. What an encouraging resource to be able to turn to, when I need it. Thanks fellow low carbers. Hang in there everyone!