View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Sep-01-06, 04:34

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Savoury Crepes/Wrap

The following recipe is an adaptation of one from The Crepe Comparison Test, which came about after a conversation with a couple of forum members on the merits of various crepe/pancake recipes.

I decided to make a version that I could use as a savoury wrap, and this is the result:

I whisked 1oz of Boursin Light Garlic & Fine Herbs (Philadelphia Light would be an ideal substitute) with one large egg until thoroughly mixed. I then left it to stand so that some of the froth could subside.

When ready, I sprayed a 9" crepe pan with a the UK equivalent of Pam Olive Oil, and then heated the pan over a medium heat.

I then poured the 'batter' into the pan, making sure that it completely covered the bottom. When the top was 'set' I flipped it over to brown the other side, and then left it on a plate to cool.

When I was ready to use it, I covered it in salad leaves, tomatoes and tuna mayo, and rolled it up to make the 'wrap'.

Apologies for the blurry pic, but I wanted to show how good the wrap looked when I cut it in half.

Obviously you can use any filling you want, and remember to keep the ratio of 1oz cream cheese to one large egg for each wrap you want to make.